10 Signs Of A Toxic Relationship
We’ve all been there. You can’t quite put your finger on it; you simply aren’t happy. Have things gotten stale between you and your significant other? Being with him feels like hard work and not the fun time it was in the beginning. The excitement has gone, but more than that, the love is evaporating. He cancels or postpones your planned evening, and you don’t care. In fact, it’s a relief not to have to get ready to meet him. These 10 signs of a Toxic Relationship will help you decide.
You’d rather stay home and watch TV or have a girly night out with your besties. He is off-hand with you. He pays more attention to his cellphone than to you. His interactions with his friends are warm and easy, whereas he only seems to give you his whole attention at certain times. It could be the other way round – your Twitter feed is more interesting than talking to him.
If You’re In A Toxic Relationship, Get Out!
Is your relationship bad news? Is it toxic—or even abusive? Here are 10, telltale signs you should look for to know if you’re in too deep:
The 10 Sure Fire Signs You’re In A Toxic Relationship
10. Do you worry more about your partner than you do about yourself? Is that level of concern on par with the worry you have for your kiddos? Remember, you’re dating a grown person, and they should have (and use) the tools to navigate their life.
9. Do you miss who you used to be? The silly, courageous and vibrant person who entered this relationship—are they still there?
8. Is your partner supportive? I don’t mean supporting you, I mean encouraging you to do your best. Do you feel like being a better person when you’re with them?
7. Do they make you feel small? Words can hurt almost as much as fists. Do their words encourage or discourage you?
5. If drugs or alcohol are present in a relationship, do be sure that they’re recreational or manageable. If you ever wonder what your friends/family would say if they saw your partner do XYZ, it’s probably time to go. Also, a person’s addiction is theirs, not yours. You can’t make it go away.
4. Is the sex good? Honestly, this is important. Connecting physically is so very important. Being touch-starved in a relationship is worse than being alone. Make sure you’re being treasured and loved.
If you are wondering about twin flame relationships please read here.
3. Do you feel free to pursue your own goals and dreams? A good partner will beam at you with pride at whatever activity is your thing. Whether it’s cat shows or weight-lifting, your thing is what makes you shine. Do they bask in your glow?
2. Are you proud and supportive of them? This one goes both ways. Do you give them high fives for a job well done? Do you encourage and cheer them on?
1. The most important thing I’ve found that’s necessary for a non-toxic relationship is this: Do you like your partner? Not love, not lust, but like. Do you enjoy their company? Do you think they’re funny, interesting and sweet? These things are vital to helping love grow!
Can A Psychic Tell Me If I’m In A Toxic Or Abusive Relationship?
Yes. Our psychics are very experienced. Sometimes it’s hard to tell when you’re on the inside. A great psychic or medium can give you very objective advice.
If you’re not convinced about the 10 signs of a toxic relationship that I’ve spelled out here please read further at Wikipedia to confirm my report.